REGIONAL ARTIST PROJECT GRANT
The Regional Artist Project Grant is an annual grant program that provides financial support to developing professionals by funding a project pivotal to the advancement of their careers as artists.The selection criteria include artistic merit, the potential of the project to contribute to the artist’s professional growth, and the feasibility of the project itself. The deadline for the fall grant cycle is October 12, 2018. Please click for application and Information.
Each year, Asheville Area, Madison County, and Toe River Arts Councils hold free grant workshops where artists can find out more about applying, including discussing their own projects.
The workshops will be held at:
- August 15, 5:30-6:30 pm: Enka-Candler Public Library, 1404 Sandhill Rd. [828.258.0710]
- August 27, 5-6 pm: Weaverville Public Library, 41 N. Main St. [828.258.0710]
- August 29, 4-5pm: Administration offices, Burnsville Gallery, 102 W. Main St. [828.682.7215]
- August 30, 4-5pm: Arts Resource Center (2nd floor Spruce Pine Gallery, 269 Oak Ave.) [828.682.7215]
- September 5, 5:30-6:30 pm: Black Mountain Public Library, 105 N. Dougherty St. [828.258.0710]
- September 12, 4-5 pm: Asheville Area Arts Council, 207 Coxe Ave. [828.258.0710]
The Regional Artist Program Grant is sponsored by the Toe River Arts Council [Mitchell and Yancey Counties]; Madison Arts Council; Asheville Area Arts Council [Buncombe County] with support from Avery County, and the North Carolina Arts Council, a division of the NC Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.