2021 Gift Shop Submissions
Open to Toe River Arts members living in Mitchell, Yancey, and Avery counties. Submit up to three pieces for review for one or both Toe River Arts galleries. Work must be original, handmade, professional, ready for display and sellable in the Toe River Arts venue. Application and supporting materials must be submitted online.
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 12, 2021
2022 Exhibition Proposals
Propose an exhibition for the Spruce Pine gallery for 2022. Applicants do not have to be Toe River Arts members or live in Mitchell or Yancey counties. Collaborative exhibitions are encouraged.
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 15, 2021.
Resources for Artists Affected by COVID-19
- Artist Relief will distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and co-launch the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers, designed by Americans for the Arts, to better identify and address the needs of artists.
- ArtsReady Resource List
- ArtsNC Covid-19 Action and Resource Center
- Freelance Artist Resource
- Triangle Artworks COVID-19 Small Business and Non-profit Financial Relief Services
- National Endowment for the Arts COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- NC Artist Relief Fund
Americans for the Arts Impact Survey – please fill out the survey, let them know how you have been impacted so that they can advocate for support for artists from the federal government.
Backline Care – Mission: To connect music industry professionals and their family members with a trust network of mental health and wellness providers
NAMI & NAMI Wake County – for those concerned about mental health during this whole experience, the national NAMI chapter and local chapters (such as NAMI Wake) have resources – nami.org and nami-wake.org
Resources for Artists in the COVID-19 Crisis: Emergency grants, freelance resources, legal aid, and more.
Workshops and Classes